Join us Friday 29 July for HOMO EROTICA – Kissin’ By The Mistletoe
At this edition of our queer dance and play party, we’re celebrating Christmas in July! Ever wanted to meet your secret Santa? Or spend the night ‘kissing’ by the mistletoe? Or dancing to dirty, filthy techno music? This might be the night for you!
// Line up //
- Estee Louder
- Kiti Performers
- Magda Bytnerowicz
- Sam Thompson
- Cleo Rapture
- Egson Ham
// All genders, sexual orientations, body types and subcultures are celebrated at HOMO EROTICA
// Consent is mandatory
// We create a safe space for everyone to express their authentic selves
// Watch out for one another and be kind
// We don’t accept any discrimination in any form
// Please read our Code of Conduct before joining us for a night of queer euphoria
Safety & Wellbeing
If you have any questions or concerns before the night, please feel free to hit us up via email (hello @ buffevents . com). And during the party you can talk with one of our roving team (they will be wearing a lanyard), or ask one of the lovely people working in the cloaking area, behind the bar, or one of the security team. We generally have a quiet space where you or someone who needs it can take time out.
Your privacy is very important to us. Our official photographer will take pictures of subjects who agree to them being published and we send these pictures for another round of approval to ticket holders before publishing them online.
If you subsequently change your mind and don’t want your picture featured, please help us identify the picture and we’ll be happy to un-publish it.
We don’t allow guests to take pictures and videos of others (except performers on stage) unless you’ve obtained the subject’s explicit consent. Generally, we respectfully ask patrons to keep phone activity to a minimum and instead enjoy the party!
* Full cloak included in ticket price. A $5.00 re-cloak fee applies
* Adults 18 years and older only
* Government issued photo ID is required for entry
* An appropriate COVIDSafe plan will apply at the event
* We have a Code of Conduct and if you attend our event(s) you MUST abide by it
* With the above in mind, Safety, Respect & Consent underpin everything we do and how we do it
* Hazard warning: presence of strobe, flashing and intense lights, laser projections, contrasting visual patterns including stripes, grids and checkerboards, smoke and haze, loud music and noise, and venue access by stairs only
* If you’re unsure about what’s going on or what’s expected, or if you’re feeling anxious, have a chat with a member of the BUFF team before the event or on the night – we’re here to help you enjoy a really fabulous party and help you keep it together afterwards!
* Do not purchase tickets from scalpers or other unauthorised third party sources. Only tickets purchased directly though Humanitix, Eventbrite or buffevents.com will be honoured
We acknowledge that Australia is stolen land and that sovereignty was never ceded.
We’d like to acknowledge this history and pay our respect to elders both past, present and emerging.
Recognising this we would like to offer complimentary tickets to our HOMO EROTICA parties and the other events we produce such as ADAM & EDEN to those identifying as First Nations Australians. We ask that only mob take up this offer given it is made to acknowledge that we are producing our events on stolen land.
With limited capacities at the venues we work with we kindly ask mob who would like to accept a first nation ticket to register online first through our ticketing site here. Simply select the event you’d like to attend, select a First Nations ticket and complete the form.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land, the Bunurong Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung peoples of the Eastern Kulin Nation and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.
A huge thank-you to Jony Berry, director of the Ballawinnie Aboriginal Corporation, for his help developing our First Nations programme.
You will receive a refund in full (or you can take up an exchange) if the event is cancelled or postponed