Join us Saturday 22 October 2022 for the return of HOMO EROTICA
You’re invited to our first Blood Rave! This Halloween season we’re bringing you a dance party inspired by the iconic opening scene from the cult vampire motion picture Blade*.
Jump into our blood/slick station and get drenched in ‘blood’ before indulging in a sinful night of debauchery.
If blood is not your thing, get spooky or just get yer kit off! Kink wear is also always welcome at HOMO EROTICA.
*Note – there won’t be jets of ‘blood’ spraying around à la the opening scene of Blade 🙃
Featuring our infamous dirty, filthy techno Basement, plus our disco / house room upstairs with bloody great queer performances throughout the night.
Dress code: bloody / spooky / kinky / easy to clean / minimal or no clothing – wear what makes you feel confident and sexy!
// DJ line up //
/ Sugar Plump Fairy
/ Tiny Text
/ Joe Mattei
/ Mak Swell
// Performer line up //
/ Belial B’Zarr
/ Minnie Taur
/ Rubi Taboo
Disclaimer & Recommendations
- Arrive in and wear clothes which you won’t mind getting messy and which are easily cleaned
- We’re using fake blood which we’re assured will wash out – but we can’t guarantee that
- Be aware of your surroundings and try to minimise spreading your fake blood
- We recommend you bring your own towel to clean yourself with afterwards – we’ll also have limited wet wipes on hand
// All genders, sexual orientations, body types and subcultures are celebrated at HOMO EROTICA
// Consent is mandatory
// We create a safe space for everyone to express their authentic selves
// Watch out for one another and be kind
// We don’t accept any discrimination in any form
// Please read our Code of Conduct before joining us for a night of queer euphoria
MPX cases have been detected in Victoria, and some have attended events like ours while potentially infectious. We encourage you to provide a mobile number through QR code check-in when visiting one of our events. You do not need to leave your name. You can then be notified if we become aware of a potentially infectious MPX case present during your visit. We can send you a text to let you know to seek medical advice.
For more MPX information provided by the Victorian Government, please visit betterhealth.vic.gov.au/monkeypox and for information on how to access vaccination plus additional useful resources, please visit thorneharbour.org
Safety & Wellbeing
If you have any questions or concerns before the night, please feel free to hit us up via email (hello @ buffevents . com). And during the party you can talk with one of our roving team (they will be wearing a lanyard), or ask one of the lovely people working in the cloaking area, behind the bar, or one of the security team. We generally have a quiet space where you or someone who needs it can take time out.
Your privacy is very important to us. Our official photographer will take pictures of subjects who agree to them being published. We send a link to these pictures for another round of approval to ticket holders before we share them with the general public.
If you subsequently change your mind and don’t want your picture featured, please help us identify the picture and we’ll be happy to un-publish it.
We don’t allow guests to take pictures and videos of others (except performers on stage) unless you’ve obtained the subject’s explicit consent. Generally, we respectfully ask patrons to keep phone activity to a minimum and instead enjoy the party and a digital detox!
* Full cloak included in ticket price. A $5.00 re-cloak fee applies
* Adults 18 years and older only
* Government issued photo ID is required for entry
* An COVIDSafe plan will apply at the event if required
* We have a Code of Conduct and if you attend our event(s) you MUST abide by it
* With the above in mind, Safety, Respect & Consent underpin everything we do and how we do it
* Hazard warning: presence of strobe, flashing and intense lights, laser projections, contrasting visual patterns including stripes, grids and checkerboards, smoke and haze, loud music and noise, and venue access by stairs only
* Do not purchase tickets from scalpers or other unauthorised third party sources. Only tickets purchased directly though Humanitix, Eventbrite or buffevents.com will be honoured
We acknowledge that Australia is stolen land and that sovereignty was never ceded.
We’d like to acknowledge this history and pay our respect to elders both past, present and emerging.
Recognising this we would like to offer complimentary tickets to our HOMO EROTICA parties and the other events we produce such as ADAM & EDEN to those identifying as First Nations Australians. We ask that only mob take up this offer given it is made to acknowledge that we are producing our events on stolen land.
With limited capacities at the venues we work with we kindly ask mob who would like to accept a first nation ticket to register online first through our ticketing site here. Simply select the event you’d like to attend, select a First Nations ticket and complete the form.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land, the Bunurong Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung peoples of the Eastern Kulin Nation and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.
A huge thank-you to Jony Berry, director of the Ballawinnie Aboriginal Corporation, for his help developing our First Nations programme.
You will receive a refund in full (or you can take up an exchange) if the event is cancelled or postponed